A PLANET FRIENDLY SPOOKY HALLOWEEN
The spookiest season of the year can be an eco-nightmare.
But it’s easy, more fun and a little more scare-some to make your night planet-friendly.
Every year, millions of pounds of chocolate and sweet wrappers, plastic pumpkin buckets, and rubber masks end up in our landfills. In addition to the environmental damage wrought by all this waste, the process of producing all this Halloween paraphernalia takes a toll on our planet as well.
Halloween is a time of fun and excitement, but it can also be a time of environmental damage.
Here are some tips on how to have a more sustainable halloween:
Pine cone bats by Handmade Charlotte
- Instead of buying new costumes every year, consider borrowing or swapping costumes with friends or family. This will reduce the amount of waste going into landfills.
- Make your own decorations. DIY decorations are not only more unique, but they're also usually more sustainable than store-bought ones. Not to mention a fun activity for you and your kids. Paint spooky eyes on pebbles, turn loo roll into a ghost garland or try some pine cone bats!
- Opt for eco-friendly decorations like pumpkins, gourds, and other natural materials. These can be composted after the holiday season is over.
- When buying sweet treats, look for brands that use sustainable packaging like paper or compostable materials. Avoid single-use plastics that end up in landfills. Look no further than PLAYin CHOC® - the ethical and organic chocolate brand.
- Trick-or-treat with reusable bags or containers like pillowcases or reusable totes. These can be used year after year and will reduce waste.
- Choose eco-friendly , non-toxic makeup. If you 're planning on wearing makeup this Halloween , make sure it 's eco-friendly and non - toxic . That way , you can avoid polluting the environment AND keeping harmful chemicals away from your children’s skin.
In addition to these tips, you can also make Halloween more sustainable by supporting ethical and organic brands like PLAYin CHOC®. Our chocolate products come in compostable packaging and come with a surprise toy inside, making it a fun and sustainable choice for both kids and adults.
By making small changes to our Halloween traditions, we can reduce our impact on the environment and have a more sustainable and enjoyable holiday. So let's make this Halloween a spooktacular one for both us and the planet!
So why wait? Order your Halloween PLAYin CHOC® box today and get ready to have a spooktacular time!
DIY by Making Things is Awesome
The spookiest season of the year can be an eco-nightmare. But it’s easy, more fun and a little more scare-some to make your night planet-friendly.
HOW WE COMPARE TO OTHER CHOCOLATE AND TOY COMPANiES
At PLAYin CHOC®, we are proud of the quality of our products and their positive impact on the world. We strive to create delicious and healthy chocolate treats that can be enjoyed by everyone, and are committed to eliminating single-use plastic and packaging.
VEGAN S'MORES RECiPE FOR BONFiRE NiGHT
A cosy bonfire, friends gathered around, and the sweet aroma of melted chocolate and toasted marshmallows in the air. It's the perfect setting for indulging in everyone's favourite campfire treat - s'mores!
Do you know if the chocolate you are eating is slave free?
There is nothing like having a sweet treat to brighten you or your child's day. But something that may not have crossed your mind is whether or not the chocolate treat you are eating is slave free?
EMBRACE ORGANiC SEPTEMBER
September is an exciting month for us at PLAYin CHOC® as it marks the celebration of organic living. We take pride in being organic year-round, using a 100% organically sourced and plant-based recipe, and being members of the Soil Association.